Sunday, March 9, 2008

Penile implant move the pump

Well, my doc has told me I need to have my pump moved. I have been completely unable to use it because it somehow kind of stuck right up under the penis. I can get at the inflation ball somewhat, but only somewhat, and can't get at the release valve thing at all. I tried hard to move it, as my doc requested, but I think it only got worse really. I'm not really sure why it's up there; the doc says it's probably because it got pushed up as my scrotum healed and became caught up with the tubing.

My doc says it's very simple. He's had to do this occasionally (about 3 or 4 % he says) before, but I do have to go under general again. And I'm not scheduled until the end of the month. And, I have to deal with the same people at Bon Secors St Francis in Midlothian that screwed up my blood test and made me jump though hoops to prove them wrong for the initial surgery. I'm not happy. Goddammit.

But - eyes on the prize, right? I already have enough experience to know this implant really will work, once we get this minor glitch straighted out.

2 comments:

Neal Prosthesis said...

I just wanted to tell you that the research shows that it takes about six months for you to completely heal from the surgery. During that time, you may have, some minor pain. That pain, and even being concerned about it, can make it difficult for you to ejaculate. So don't be too concerned about it, and just be patient, and things will get better over time. It is very important that when your doctor tells you it's okay, that you pump up your implant completely once a day whether you "use" it or not, and deflate it completely. If you don't know how to deflate it completely, be sure to get instruction on how to do this from your doctor. The reason that this is so important is that scar tissue forms around the fluid reservoir in your abdomen. If you don't completely deflate your implant, which expands the reservoir to its full size, the scar tissue will grow around the reservoir while it is deflated, and at that point you won't be able to complete deflate your implant any longer. When you can't deflate the implant, it will have at least a partial erection all the time, and that can be uncomfortable and even dangerous, since, particularly for a person who has diabetes (which can cause circulation problems too), worst case, it can lead to eruption of your implant through the end of your penis. While this is a rare complication, it can happen, and of course, you want to avoid it.

You can get more information on all of this at my blog penileImplantInfo.blogspot.com . You can contact me through that blog. I hope this is helpful, Neal Prosthesis.

bradcarter345@gmail.com said...

NICE POST!
THERE IS A GREAT OFFER FROM PROLARGENT 5X5 EXTREME, PERFECT MALE ENHANCEMENT PRODUCT:

BUY 1 EXTREME AND GET 1 FOR FREE