Sunday, March 2, 2008

penile implant 5 weeks after surgery

Well, we're now at 5 weeks post surgery. Generally, it's going well. Some discomfort is still present, and I'm finding it much more comfortable still to be without underwear. Silly, but it's true. At home I take them off on put on loose sweat pants.

It's been a good news/bad news week. We had an appointment this week to get instructions on inflating and deflating the new me. We were able to do so, but just barely because of where the pump is located. More on that later. Much to my surprise, the PA that was helping me with this said we could go home and start resuming our sex life. "Practice makes perfect" he said and there's no reason wait. Everything I had read indicated a six week wait, and we were at 4 1/2. But that's what he said. So we went home, feeling a bit nervous, had a nice drink and chat and then went to bed. I was able to pump up somewhat, and we did indeed make love. My wife actually cried. It was such a relief to have my erection be reliable. She had a great time.

I found it a bit uncomfortable though. We tried a couple of different positions, and some were better than others, but there was enough discomfort that I was, at best, distracted and unable to have an orgasm myself. Still, this implant thing definitely will work. Very Rigid erection.

We rested a day and then did it again. By this time, I was finding that it was almost impossible to operate the pump. The location was not good to begin with, as I mentioned in an earlier post, and now it seems to have moved. It's right under the base of my penis, rather than low in the scrotum, and I really can't get a good hold on it. Nor can my wife. We were only able to pump up partially (I still have not seen myself fully inflated). We did make love, and it felt better. Being able to continue indefinitely really as a lot going for it. :) None the less, I still had some discomfort and was unable to have an orgasm that way. I was able to through manual stimulation. I have read that sensation tends to be reduced post surgery for a while, as healing continues. That seems to be the case with me. I trust, as I have read, that it will get back to normal after a few more weeks. After making love, I really was quite sore. Not in agony at all, but sore and uncomfortable. I think it was a bit too soon.

But the real problem is the pump location. I can neither inflate nor deflate effectively. My doc has already said he may need to move it - I'm going to be calling him first thing tomorrow and get on with it.

Make no mistake, though. The implant is working. My wife loves it. I am totally confidant that we'll get the wrinkles worked out quickly...

More later

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very good post I will share them with My friends.

Get all your problems related with erectile dysfunction solved immediately with the help of expert physicians at San Jose Penile Implants. They are certainly the professionals who can bring the lost joy in your life back and make you feel like new again.